Take my girl Misty, for example. She will pace from one side of the car to the other the entire time I’m driving. Talk about a distraction. On top of that, what if you had to stop fast or what if you are involved in an accident? What would happen to your beloved dog?
- I can’t tell you how many times I see people driving down the road with their dog in their lap. Really? How dangerous is that! Please, please, do not allow your dog in your lap. So many things can go wrong here! Just having the dog in your lap is a distraction. If you are involved in an accident, the air bag could kill your dog! Keep your dogs in the back seat!
- Many pet stores sell harnesses that go right into the seat belt. This ensures that your dog can only move so far in the back seat.
- Keep your pet contained. If you have a small dog, you can place their carrier in the backseat and put them inside it! If you have a larger vehicle, the same can be done for large dogs as well. Crating them keeps them safe and they can not escape should an accident occur.
- Purchase a pet barrier. Some cars are simply not big enough for crates! Go to your local pet store and purchase a barrier that can easily be installed between the front and back seats. This keeps your dog in the back seat where he or she belongs.
- And finally, lock your doors and don’t allow the dog to stick his entire body out of the car. If you stop fast, what will happen to pooch?
Did you know that Dawn the Pet Nanny LLC offers a pet taxi! Yes, we do! Give us a call at 610-716-7716 or visit us online at www.dawnthepetnanny.org or like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/dawnthepetnanny.